First up – Happy Mother’s Day!! I hope you all get as spoiled as I did – breakfast and hot chocolate in bed, along with a wonderful home-made card and a bag of home made gifts -perfect!
Just a short post this week.
In my first post of the year I wrote about how I’d signed up for the Australian Women Writers Challenge for 2016. My goal was to read 6 books by Australian Women Writers this year – at least half of which were by Indigenous Authors.
I’m really pleased to say that 1/3 of the way through the year and I have already acheived that goal. My reviews were:
By Indigenous Authors:
- ‘The Interrogation of Ashala Wolf’ by Ambelin Kwaymullina
- ‘Purple Threads’ by Jeanine Leane
- ‘Heat and Light’ by Ellen van Neerven
And Non-Indigenous Authors:
- ‘The World Beneath’ by Cate Kennedy
- ‘My Year Without Matches’ by Claire Dunn
- ‘Bantam’ by Terry Whitebeach
So I’ve extended my goal a little, with the hope to read and review another 6 books by Australian Women Writers, with at least three by Indigenous authors, before the end of the year.
Hope you’ve enjoyed my reviews, and if you have any recommendations for great Aussie authors/books, please let me know in the comments. 🙂